Narin & Portnoo Golf Club is situated in a beautiful seaside resort in southwest Donegal, 9.5km (6 miles) from Glenties. It is considered one of the most scenic 18-hole links courses in Ireland, with sweeping views of Gweebarra Bay. A previous layout (designed by Harry Hamill of Royal Portrush) on much of the site of the current club opened in 1905 but had ceased to exist by 1914. Launched officially in July 1930, Narin & Portnoo Golf Club is engagingly old fashioned, with a meandering routing over and around the dunes.
A recent course development has increased the par to 73 and has increased the range of shots required to negotiate the terrain. A warm friendly welcome awaits visitors and societies to Narin & Portnoo Golf Club and it is ideal for year-round golf.